The following is a guest post by Vogel, a common commenter on this website. I’ve done some editing for readability.
This idiot Monavie distributor totally deserves to be reported to the FDA and FTC for false and misleading advertising. I couldn’t resist sharing it here before I type up a complaint.
He appears in several Monavie promotional videos extolling the product and â€œbusiness opportunityâ€ (chuckle). Here are a few of the highlights:
- 1:30 â€“ “It has 19 certified organic fruits” – He repeats this lie at 1:50, 2:20, and 2:55â€¦Monavie doesn’t have even contain ONE certified organic fruit… that’s worth a fine of up to $44,000]
- 2:10 â€“ “Two ounces in morning and 2 at night gives you 13 servings of fruits and vegetables.” – This is false advertising
- 2:29 â€“ “Research is showing that this is actually thickening the disc space, helping with the overall integrity of the joints in your body, increasing range of motion and decreasing pain.” – This is an illegal medical claim.
- 2:44 â€“ “…Monavie Pulse… this is helping control blood pressure and cholesterol” – This is an illegal medical claim
- 00:30 â€“ “Patients have brought to my attention a great new product that has helped them tremendously with a lot of joint problems and inflammatory conditions” – This is an illegal medical claim
- 00:44 â€“ “I found that there was a team of 10 doctors that formulated Monavie” – This is laughable BS.
- 01:03 â€“ â€œDr Jose Allongo who is an internalist and was voted top doctor in the countryâ€ – Allongo, a Monavie distributor, BOUGHT his scandalous fake â€œphysician of the yearâ€ award in exchange for a $5,000 to the Republican National Campaign Committee (see this and this).
- 01:22 â€“ “I found that there were very high antioxidants in the 19 fruit blend Monavie” – This is contradicted by Monavie’s own research showing that it has a lower ORAC score (22.8 TE units/mL â€“ 2.7 mmol per 4 oz) than half an apple (6.4 mmol per apple). Also see MonaVie vs. an Apple.
- 03:50 â€“ â€œI’m hoping more doctors will come on board and really find out how this can help their patientsâ€ – This is an illegal medical claim; Monavie does not â€œhelp patientsâ€
- 01:40 â€“ â€œTwo ounces in morning and 2 at night, you’re getting 13 servings of fruits and vegetables.â€ – Again this is false advertising.
- 01:54 — â€œStandard vitamins only have a 7 to 10 percent absorbancy rate; Monavie helps absorb easily into your body — it has a low surface tensionâ€ – Low surface tension??? Possibly the stupidest, most nonsensical claim about Monavie ever made.
- 02:05 — â€œMonavie EMV, the all new energy drink, that’s going to help save a lot of kids lives because these synthetic energy drinks that out there are very dangerousâ€¦â€ – A close runner-up in the â€œmost retarded claim about Monavieâ€ contest.
Originally posted 2010-09-29 18:45:32. Republished by Blog Post PromoterThe above article is intended to be accurate at the time of its original posting. MonaVie may change its pricing, product, or other policies at any time without notice.
This post involves:
Next: Ex-MonaVie & TEAM Distributor Explains His Metamorphosis