[Note: Dr. Paul Clayton responds in the comments. Also, A reader very conclusively shows that Dr. Paul Clayton is misleading people in multiple ways.]
A commenter who refers to himself (or herself) as The Rest of the Story alerted me to speech that Dr. Paul Clayton did at a recent MonaVie event. Before I talke about them, I’ll embed them from YouTube so that you can watch. It’s not entirely necessary to watch, but just in case you are interested in it, I’m here to provide that service. (Note: I’m not responsible if they get pulled off YouTube at a later date. I don’t control YouTube. You snooze, you lose):
There are a few things that I took away from the above videos:
- Many of Us Have Poor Diets – I don’t disagree. However, he seemed to go on this for quite some time. Simple solution? Head to a local farmer’s market and pick up some fruit and vegetables – organic if you choose.
- Fruit from All over the World is a Problem – This was at the 2:50 minute mark of the second video. This strikes me as extraordinary ironic revelation to pitch at a MonaVie conference. In short, he’s blaming MonaVie for part of the health problem.
- Zoonotic Diseases – He mentions that Zoonotic diseases have risen since the 1960s mentioning the following: swine flu, bird flu, HIV, and SARS. Well if you check out that link, Zoonotic diseases are nothing new. Here are some others: measles, smallpox, influenza, diphtheria, anthrax, and Bubonic plague. You might recognize those from before the 1960s. He also makes the mistake of listing Malaria as a Zoonotic disease when it is generally not considered one.
- “No Defenses Against these Diseases” (2nd video 4:38 mark) – He says there’s no defense to the Zoonotic Diseases, yet I know people who have Swine Flu vaccine. How can this be?
- Antibotics are useless in 2010 (2nd video 4:45 mark) – Isn’t it odd that I can still get antibiotics then? They still seem to help people. I realize that point that he’s making that they are becoming less effective. It’s like oil, we are getting into a worse and worse shape, but we do discover more efficient ways to prolong the supply we have. We do the same with antibiotics. We might not be able to pull this off forever, but no one has dug the grave on antibiotics yet… except for Dr. Paul Clayton it seems.
In the end, the answer he said was to take Wellmune and he quotes some studies and some findings. I will get to these in future posts, but I would like to mention that he says there are some “1000 studies on this molecule, making it the most studied natural ingredient ever” (Fourth video 3:25 mark). I’m going to venture that water (H2O) or sugar (glucose for example C6H12O6) are both natural ingredients, as well as molecules… and I’m sure studied a lot more than Wellmune.
It should be mentioned that you can buy a different brand of the same beta glucan that Dr. Paul Clayton mentions for really cheap (60 day supply for under $20).
Another issue is that we don’t know if Dr. Paul Clayton was a paid speaker. In the medical industry this is considered a significant issue.
Originally posted 2010-01-30 20:13:08. Republished by Blog Post PromoterThe above article is intended to be accurate at the time of its original posting. MonaVie may change its pricing, product, or other policies at any time without notice.
This post involves:
Next: MonaVie Pulse vs. CholestOff in Lowering Cholesterol